Water 4 with our sponsors Tammy, Keith, Randy and JohnnyHi all!
So where to begin..well today was officially our last day with Hope Has a Face. For the past week we have been working in the 9th ward on a "community center" trying to turn it into a future home for other NCCC teams working with Hope Has a Face. Unfortunately, it has been a little frustrating for us all because there have been 44 of us, and not enough tools or jobs to do. I have found these past two weeks to be the most mentally tiring because I hate standing around or having to think about what to do next. The past week we have been taking down an old fence, landscaping, digging holes, and replacing the new fence. We also worked on some framing earlier this week, which I happened to really like, so I hope I get to work from the ground up with our next project. Our of our sponsors, I am going to miss Randy the most. I haven't really talked about him that much, but he sure is a character. Randy has been all over the place...military...Isreal....he was even a bum for 25 years...and probably having lots of fun in the 60s, if you know what I mean. He writes short stories, he's some sort of official for the government..? Best friends with a guy who started Chicken Soup for the Soul, the list can go on....he has given us good talks, life lessons, memorable quotes...such as "You have to learn, how to learn, to learn." A lot of this might be hard to understand from my perspective, but he has just been an all around interesting guy to know. Who knows if it's all truly real, but it has been entertaining at least.
So, since this last week was kind of draining for me, Kat and Ryan picked me up and took me in for the weekend. I got to go to their friends' daughter's first birthday party. (Stacey, Chris and Kennedy (baby)) I had so much fun playing with kids all day! The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing. I re-charged my batteries, only had to work a half-day today with Perry Point, and then went out to lunch with my team downtown. I had seafood gumbo. I think I liked turtle soup better and Mannys' Mom's jambalaya more. Again, I realized a lot of my blog might be about food...Mom and Dad...but what can I say....THE FOOD IS AMAZING
love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment