Sunday, April 27, 2008

The beginning of Round 2/Habitat for Humanity in New Orlean's Parish.....


Blast from the Past....Water 4 on our first day together...2 months ago!
Hey all!

I'm back from transition in Jackson, MS. It was cool to see my friends from other teams, but besides that we just prepared for our debriefing and briefing of our projects, ate gross buffet hotel food, and lounged around in our big beds.

Since I've been back to Camp Hope, I have had orientation with our head construction supervisors, Dwane. He is a character, let me tell you. He gave us an 8 hr speech in the span of 2 hours. Basically the next few weeks are going to be crazy because we are preparing for the Jimmy Carter build.

Yesterday we had a half day of work and then we went to Jazz fest! We walked around for the first two hours, then did some ISP by selling t-shirts. The Dad from "That 70s Show" bought a t-shirt from our booth..I didn't sell it too him, but one of the Jazz Fest Staff did...It down-poured like crazy! We had to close our t-shirt booth down early because the rain was so bad. I was able to see a bit of Billy Joel and most of OAR, but I was soaked! It was kind of cool though, because every time the song got more intense, the rain got more intense! So here I am jamming out to OAR, standing in a puddle up to my ankles, and completely drenched from the rain! It was lots of fun until we were freezing and trying to find a shuttle to bus us back to our team van. Luckily, one of the Perry Point TLs came by to pick us up, otherwise we would have been stranded.

Last night I ran into a Wooster Alum '07 who is on a Sacramento team, James. It was funny because I recognized him at Jazz fest and then didn't realize he was staying at Camp Hope for the weekend until I got back and called out, hey didn't you go to Wooster?! I met him one time at the end of last year randomly and can't believe I ran into him! It's a small world....
This morning saying good bye to Perry Point (Jeremy, Chris, Julia and I)

No comments: