Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Your enthusiasm for life is inspiring, and your hip flexer stretches always let me know "It's going to be a good day!" -Julie Hay

Our next project/house

That was written by Julie, one of my teammates during our team building activity we had this evening. My face hurts from smiling and laughing so hard. Julia had the idea to pass the sheet of paper around with each of our names on it and to have everyone write one positive comment about their other teammates. I'm not kidding, it really helped, especially after a long day. We are always so busy and running from one thing to the next. This really enabled us to let loose and have some quality time together....because we all work so hard that by the end of the day, everyone just wants to eat, shower, do their computer stuff and head to bed....and or play table tennis....haha..Jer and Ari are playing right now and of course I have an itch to play, but I feel like I really need to blog this out before I forget it all. At the end of our positive comment activity, all of us read aloud one that we thought stood out or really liked. I felt especially touched when Ben, my TL read my comment toward him aloud....:) I LOVE MY TEAM! Anyways, I really don't mean to be obsessive about it, but it's honestly crazy that we live, eat, work, and socialize with each other every minute of the day and still manage to be sane. We also played another funny activity, where we each wrote in a short sentence something we wanted to do in our lives before we died. I wrote that I wanted to go sky diving. Each time we would fold it, and pass it to the next person.....and it would go from drawing to sentence to drawing..etc....So of course by the last sentence, the "dream" everyone had ended up being totally changed! I'm sure I sound like such a dork trying to explain this, but it really was quite humorous. Oh I also went out to our favorite little sushi restaurant with Julia right after work today and stuffed my belly! I can't get enough of it. Did I tell you I had sushi on Easter Sunday as well?

Back to the Project...Last week and yesterday, to make ourselves useful since there wasn't as much work to do in the house, a bunch of us went to a local school (or what used to be a school) and did some evasive species removal on all sides of the building. This included a ton of vine pulling, cutting, trimming, and moving huge meshes of leaves from one pile to the next. Basically busy work, but the yard in front of the school looks a whole lot better! I also started installing insulation into a new house that our team is working on yesterday and this morning. Needless to say, yesterday I did not wear gloves or goggles and totally didn't know that insulation is made out of fiber glass and got it all over me. My skin felt like little needles were inside it and it just was NOT comfortable at all, so by the end of the day I was a bit crabby, but this morning I totally rocked the insulation, cut and stapled the rest of the rooms that needed to be done with one other person and felt very accomplished. It didn't feel like it went through my clothing this time either, AND I haven't even showered yet and I feel fine! The rest of my day for our team included laying sheet rock/dry wall on all the boards in the house and screwing them in with a gun. I screwed in screws with a gun all day long, and felt pretty hard core about it. My hands are a little sore, but what's new. I feel like I've gained a ton of arm and shoulder muscle already and it's only been three weeks. The rest of the week is going to be pretty busy, we might not even get a day off this week because we are really aiming to get this house done so we can head on over to New Orleans, start a new project and have some decent work cut out for us. We are going to do some ISP this Saturday in Biloxi, work on the house Saturday afternoon, and hopefully just work the morning of Sunday and potentially get Sunday afternoon off! Craziness! I can't wait to rock this house with all of our hard work!! To everyone that I've talked to on the phone recently--it has been wonderful hearing your voices! I miss you all! Congrats to everyone who turned in their IS and I hope you had fabulous IS Mondays!!

The beginning of sheet rocking


Julia displaying her "A" gear


Me using the screw gun




No comments: