I've started to write in my blog a little less formal just because it's easier for me to get my words out....
SO......I have been in New Orleans for the past few days staying with family friends of mine, Kat and Ryan....newly weds as of last year. It truly has been one relaxing, but eventful weekends and Kat and Ryan have been TOO good to me, treating me out to all these fabulous restaurants, taking me around the city, and just being really good company. Ryan works about an hour from me in Mississippi and was so kind to come pick me up and abduct me for the weekend. We went out to a cute hole in the wall Italian restaurant the first night I was here, followed by a relaxing Friday and my first time trying OYSTERS! They were delish! I died and went to heaven, basically. Ryan and Kat had a bunch of their friends and kids come over for the fish fry...Ryan slaved away at the grill all night and made really good food..including about 8 pounds of potato salad and cole slaw..yuuuum. Okay, so I may be exaggerating a little bit about the amount. Saturday I went into the city and tried turtle soup, craw fish, and a meat pie! Again...delish. Turtle soup was especially amazing! I apologize for so much food ranting, but ya'll know how much I like food! And yes I'll be saying ya'll now...I mean I am in the South you know. Last night we also met up with a bunch of my other Americorps friends and had a night in town on Bourbon....'til about 6 a.m. Happy Easter to everyone by the way! Today Nate, Jen and I walked around the Quarter all day and got tons of beads from two small Easter parades that circled on Bourbon..followed by an amazing sushi Easter dinner with Kat, Ryan and their friends Stacey, Chris, and baby Keenedy...who is absolutely adorable! I'm quite sad to leave tomorrow, but I know I'll be back because.......
***Project news: We will be leaving for New Orleans around the first of April to start a new project the second half of our first round! Yaay! But it hasn't been spoken to the public yet..TOP SECRET!
To my family, I missed the cabbage today.....ok and of course you all! Many hugs and kisses and love you all! Mom and Dad, sorry it's snowing at home and in the 70's here, you'll just have to come visit soon!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, you were missed at the Easter insanity in Indiana. Playing Royal Rummy, people unable to hear anything, the dogs going crazy. However, the food was great and your grandparents are doing fairly well. Uncle Jeff was a hoot as always. I am glad you enjoyed your time with Kat and Ryan. They are the most special people ever. Love and miss you, Mom
Post a Comment