
I only am showing these on my blog for the purpose of giving you all knowledge of what it looks like down here. We all know the news doesn't show the full truth ever on disasters like this. We felt guilty riding around Bridge City taking pictures because these are obviously people's homes and all that they have. The pictures were taken from inside our van, and only when people were not present. This is pretty much what it looks like in Orange as well, except contractors are beginning to pick of the trash put out on peoples' front lawns. Everyone's house where I have been serving on my ERV in West Orange is being mucked. No "whole" houses have been knocked down as I saw here in these Bridge City neighborhoods, all the walls are standing, but anything the water touched, has to be removed from the house.
Signs like this are in front of almost every house




These two are the worse I have seen

Now although many people have power and are back in their house, 80% of the people we are feeding are capable of getting food themselves or cooking it themselves, but they are still working all day long mucking and cleaning their homes. So after a long day of work, a hot meal from the Red Cross ERV is much appreciated. I cannot count the number of times I've been thanked. It is really something to see. I can't even really explain it in words. I wish I could show you the people I'm serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment