Two more weeks left and we drive back to Denver for transition! It has flown by! Lately we have been siding the houses with different volunteers everyday. I didn't realize it, but the corps members left working in NOLA are just with themselves...they don't get to work with volunteers every day like we do. So although I was sad to leave my work at NOLA and sad I wasn't able to finish my dry-in houses I started during the Blitz week, knowing that we still get to work with volunteers everyday makes me happy. However, I can not wait until third round. New team, new place (hopefully) and new team leader! The projects I have to pick from for next round are as ranked:
1. Colorado Springs-I would be 10,000 ft. in the mountains, camping and doing environmental work
2: Invasive species in a Bay of Alabama
3. Camp Hope-Habitat (what I'm already doing)
4. Beaumont, Texas-constructing homes
So although I have loved my experiences building homes, I need a break. I really hope I get one of the first two!
Here are some pictures of where I live (Camp Hope) that my parents took when they visited two weeks ago.

Camp Hope entrance
Our shoes outside our room
Camp Hope's cafeteria
My house in St. Bernard Parish
Dad at Greek Fest
2 comments:
hi baron! just wanted to let you know i am still reading when i get a chance. hope you get placed in one of your top picks next, although it looks like you're doing some pretty cool stuff right now. no washington state options?;) luv ya!
Hi sweety, I am so happy and surprised that you used my pictures. It was all part of me learning to upload and download. We have lots of great memories of visiting you in NOLA and St. Bernard Parish. Looking so forward to you coming home for your break. Love, Mom
Post a Comment