Gina! My roomie from CTI
Manny comes to visit!
Leading volunteers building walls preparing for the Blitz houses
Our dry-in during Jimmy Carter's blitz week
Jess, Julie and I...our progress after our first day of Blitz week



So we leave at 5:30 am, arrive at 6, and begin working usually by 7. This week has been busy, but productive. We are now putting OSB on our roof and we have put up sheath along the entire exterior of the walls. I am working with a bunch of guys that know a lot about construction, so we have gotten pretty far: Stephen, Danny (our house leaders) as well as Stephen's roommate, Dave, Nate, Kenny, and Dan. We have had different volunteers working with us everyday including a bunch of frat boys from Canada. Ha...Today was rained out so we couldn't work, hence why I just cleaned my entire area of my bunk and am now blogging. It's nice to have a day off to do these sorts of things though. Back to work tomorrow and then I have a three-day weekend.
1 comment:
How much fun are you having???? I'm sooo jealous about you meeting Harry Connick Jr. and Pres. Carter. Mostly, Harry Connick Jr. though. What a great experience and wonderful thing you are doing. Everyone benefits. Love, Auntie J
Post a Comment